My Vegan Website

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Digital Detox

I always thought it was a sign on being old and stuffy when you started to complain about too many smartphones and computers and how nobody does anything IRL anymore.

Well, I guess I am officially old, and stuffy too. Call it what you will, I need this. I think too much time on various devices has, like I said before, disconnected me (Ironic? Perhaps.), and I also believe it has exacerbated my anxiety and made it even harder for me to be social. In the beginning, it was a tool to communicate when I wasn't very good at it in person, but it has become a handicap instead. So, it's time to detox.

Plan:

- Leave phone alone for the first 30 minutes of waking up.
- No phone while doing other things, i.e. don't scroll through Instagram while watching a movie.
- Turn phone off in the evening and spend the last 30-45 minutes before bed just winding down.
- Write to-do list on paper and check things off.

I am not very far into this project but I am already noticing a difference in my level of productivity, which really is the main goal here. I am looking forward to Getting Shit Done this week.

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment