My Vegan Website

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Stuff - A Weekly Roundup

I only need one word to describe this past week: HOT.

Temperatures were hovering around +30 C all week and if you know me at all, you know that nothing slows me down quite like hot weather. I just don't want to do much of anything, really, unless it involved floating in cool water, and there was none of that.

However, the week was quite productive. Monday night, I had a Music Team meeting with the awesome leaders in the chorus that I direct. We made plans for the upcoming months, including the introduction of two new songs and an exciting membership drive. I've only been the director of this chorus for a few months but I am so glad I took the plunge. It's challenging, but it's so much fun and I'm really loving it. Our rehearsal is on Tuesday nights, and man, was it ever hot in that rehearsal hall! But, the girls soldiered on and we had a great practice, working on new music, working on some older music, played some games...it was fun! But I was absolutely drenched at times.

I got going with PiYo this week and I am really liking it so far. I am already noticing more strength, I can already do a bit more than I was able to the first couple of days - although I am still grunting like a baby sloth and wobbling all over the place. I am not a thing of grace...yet. I always wanted to do Yoga, but I was never good at being still and holding poses - in PiYo, you do focus on good form and posture, but you keep moving, and I love that. I took my before pictures, should be interested to see how I look in a few weeks. This is how excited I was when my DVD kit finally came in the mail:

My husband was away with his band last weekend, and usually when he's gone, I make vegan meals for myself. This week's experiment:

Vegan Mac & "cheese" with crispy buffalo tofu bites. Delightful, if I do say so myself.

I never really tried making my own skincare products other than deodorant (which I had to stop using because the baking soda was irritating my poor pits, went back to Tom's for now). But this week, I found a recipe for homemade lotion and decided to try it. Shea butter and coconut oil. I think I probably didn't whip it long enough because it's more of a very solid butter and I have to really work it into my skin but once it absorbs...it's fabulous, as long as you don't mind a little bit of greasy richness. It won't stain your clothes or anything but it definitely takes a minutes to sink in. I will make it again though, I love the smell of shea, and it's really helping with my annoying KP.

All in all, a pretty decent week, I'd say!

On Wednesday, I get to travel to Tulsa, OK, for an exciting music seminar, and I am trying to figure out a way to bring my workouts with me - I don't have a laptop or portable DVD player, but I think I've figured out away. I'll keep you posted.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and the great weather. Until next time!

Maja

Try PiYo:

PiYo DEFINE YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment