My Vegan Website

Monday, May 26, 2014

I Think It's Age.

The quest to get in better shape seems more important lately, and also harder.

I will be 39 in August, and I've never really been a person who "feels old" or complains about not being 20 anymore...because seriously, who wants to be 20 anymore? Not me.

But lately, I must admit that I am noticing some telltale signs that my youth is fading. (So dramatic).

* I think I mentioned this before, but my body just doesn't "bounce back" after eating something bad like it used to. Every time I have a slip up and eat something to which I am sensitive, it seems it takes longer and longer for my body to recover. My stomach stays bloated, my skin stays dull, I feel tired and sluggish for longer, etc. I am really getting to the point where I can no longer eat what I want and not care about the consequences, because the consequences are basically "feeling like sh*t for weeks".

* Aches and pains! For the last few days, it's been my feet. Especially my right foot. I thought I might have hurt myself working out but it's not that kind of pain, it's like...bone pain. And I'm STIFF when I wake up in the morning. In fact, getting up at all is annoying. Good lord. Take me out to pasture already.

* Can't sleep. I've certainly had trouble sleeping before but it usually catches up with me after a few days and I sleep from exhaustion. Not this time. Sleeping in front of TV? NO PROBLEM. Sleeping at bedtime. Nope. Not happening.

* My skin. I have good skin days, and EXTREMELY BAD skin days. I don't mind fine lines and wrinkles, they are bound to happen and I don't feel as though I need to go get Juvedermed or Botoxed just yet. But I've been breaking out lately. I never really suffered from acne in my teens, so I guess my face is making up for it now. It's all in the chin/ jaw area too which apparently is a sure sign that it's hormonal.
And the age spots. Oh, God, the age spots.

Sorry about my hair. I washed it this morning and it is just too clean to do anything with right now. And also, my blowdryer broke. 

It's like a bunch of freckles decided to gang up on me.

I think tonight, a gentle workout is in order. I think I might do Stretch 40 from Turbofire. It's like a simplified Yoga routine that warms you up and stretches everything so you feel relaxed and energized afterwards.





Seems like a good choice for this cranky grandma.


No comments:

Post a Comment